The Federation Credentials Verification Service
The Federation Credentials Verification Service or FCVS is a service of the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and was established in 1996 to provide a centralized process for medical boards to obtain a verified, primary source record of an applicant’s core credentials.
The FCVS gathers, verifies, and stores the physician’s core credentials in a central repository at FSMB. Primary source verification includes medical education, PGY, exam scores, board certification, applicant identity, & board action history.
The FCVS does NOT obtain or verify Hospital Privileges, Employment History, License verifications, References, AMA profiles, NDPB & other queries, Insurance, Disciplinary or Malpractice History.
The FCVS is a permanent archive of physicians’ and physician assistants’ academic and professional records. The FCVS keeps the following credentials:
- Your identity
- Records from your medical education (this includes the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certification if it is applicable)
- Graduate medical education records
- Licensure examination history
- Disciplinary history
- ABMS Specialty board certification
The FCVS does not cover all of the documents that many state medical boards require. These documents can include:
- Letters of good standing from other state boards
- Letters of recommendation
- Military discharge papers (DD-214)
- DEA verification
- AMA/AOA profile
- NPDB/HIPDB profile
- AOA Specialty board certification verification letter
- Society membership verification letter
- Employment verification
- Hospital staff verification
- Malpractice insurance verification & claims history report
- Documentation of malpractice claims
Many of the most respected healthcare companies in America trust us with their licensing. We’ll take great care of you. Call 1-888-551-2140 to see how we can benefit you. Contact us today for help on what you need to store all your medical documents.