Georgia Composite State Board of Medical Examiners
2 Peachtree Street, N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30303-3465
Phone: (404) 656-3913
Fax: (404) 656-9723
Executive Director: LaSharn Hughes, MBA
- Application Fee: $500
- Background Check Fee : N/A
- License Renewal: $230
- Application process: 4-8 weeks (2-6 months with malpractice history)
- Board Meetings: The Board meets on a monthly basis. The application must be complete 15 days prior to the Board meeting.
What you need to know:
- Expiration: Applications expire after 1 year from the date it is received by the Board.
- Interview: Not required. The Board may require the applicant to attend a personal interview when, for instance, 1) the applicant has committed any acts constituting grounds for denial of license 2) the Board is in receipt of information requiring additional information or explanation from the applicant and 3) the applicant’s application is incomplete or requires further explanation.
- USMLE Attempt Limit: No attempt limit on steps I or II. 3 attempts on step III.
- USMLE Time Limit: Must complete USMLE steps I, II, & III within 7 years of passing the first step; 9 years for MD/PhD dual degree.
- PGY (AMG): 1 Year (ACGME accredited only)
- PGY (IMG): 3 Years (ACGME accredited only) if graduated after July, 1985.
- SPEX/COMVEX: N/A
I have used PLS over the last year to help me get licensed in 31 states so far. They have been very helpful and prompt and I would recommend them highly.
– Dr. CG, Georgia
Order your Georgia Medical License here:
Georgia is located in the southeastern United States. Georgia was established in 1732, the last of the original Thirteen Colonies. It is named after King George II, of Great Britain. Georgia was the fourth state to ratify the United States Constitution, on January 2, 1788. It declared its secession from the Union on January 21, 1861, and was one of the original seven Confederate states. It was the last state to be restored to the Union, on July 15, 1870.
The 2010 US Census reported 9,687,653 residents, making Georgia the ninth most populous state. From 2007 to 2008, 14 of Georgia’s counties ranked among the nation’s 100 fastest-growing, second only to Texas. Georgia is known as the Peach State and the Empire State of the South. Atlanta is the capital and the most populous city. With an area of 59,425 square miles, Georgia is ranked 24th in size among the 50 U.S. states. Georgia is the largest state east of the Mississippi River in terms of land area, although it is the fourth largest (after Michigan, Florida, and Wisconsin) in total area, a term which includes expanses of water which are part of state territory.
Georgia is bordered on the south by Florida; on the east by the Atlantic Ocean and South Carolina; on the west by Alabama; and on the north by Tennessee and North Carolina. The northern part of the state is in the Blue Ridge Mountains, a mountain range in the vast Appalachian Mountains system. The central piedmont extends from the foothills to the fall line, where the rivers cascade down in elevation to the continental coastal plain of the southern part of the state. The highest point in Georgia is Brasstown Bald, 4,784 feet (1,458 m); the lowest point is sea level.
* This excerpt is taken from Wikipedia. For further information on the History, Geography, Climate, Politics, & Culture of Georgia, click here.